Sunday, March 18

Proposed "New" Color Palette


This is the color palette that I'm proposing for my blog. It's taken from a McKenna Ryan quilt that I made last year for a colleague's retirement party. Since he was an "outdoorsy" person who liked to hunt and fish... I thought the quilt would convey a calming picture of the north woods that he could enjoy year 'round.

This was a challenging quilting endeavor, but not as challenging as this blogging assignment. I've gone very slowly this week and attempted to absorb everything from the readings and Web resources. I think it's paying off and I'm putting the final tweaks on today. I used Macromedia Fireworks to select the colors from the photo and tweaked the html to incorporate the colors.

My version of the quilt "Serendipity" is shown below. It's done in batik fabrics which have a ton of tonal depth and a million different shades of each color.

No comments: